Wednesday, October 7, 2009

What is the moment worth?


What is the moment worth?

While trying to come up with a topic for today, I looked up above my computer and noticed a sign that I had put up a few years ago. A reminder if you will to pull me back to the present. What is the moment worth?

Of course, it's amazing how something in front of your face for five years can disappear. I'm too busy to notice it. But if I move it to another place, the same thing will happen. It's a part of human nature, I guess. We ignore the familiar, the day-to-day. Even weekly reminders on my phone becoming nothing more than an irritation.

So now the trick is to figure out a way to keep myself in the moment. What is the moment worth? It's a split second, minute, hour, day that you'll never get back. Think about it when you date something. When you or someone else looks on that in six months or six years, it's a record of what you did that day. On October, 7th, 2009 at approximately 8am, I wrote this blog. This is what I was contemplating.

It'll be interesting to note that in a year or so, I'll probably still be trying to come up with a way to keep the present present. Wait, right now, I'm thinking of the future, and how the past will reflect on it. Sheesh, there I go again. Not thinking of the present.

Remember this tidbit,
yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."

No comments: