It's only the 13th day of the year and already I just want 2014 to be over. Either that or whatever/whoever/whichever
Everything starts off okay and full of promise just like every year.Finally get back to work for two days. Then off for the weekend.....or so I thought.
Find out on Saturday, that hey, The Hubs now has to spend Monday - Friday at another store a few hours away. (So he will be gone.)
* Squeaker has a fever all day. Finally it breaks at dinner time and he seems to be doing fine.
* the University where I work decided to close for Monday.
* The now infamous Polar Vortex known as Winter Storm Ion dropped a shit ton of show on our town. Then decided to follow it up with colder than fuck temperatures not seen in decades.
* Squeaker's fever comes back and he's pissy, whiny and not eating or drinking.
* Turns out he has the flu. Grab medicine and essentials and come back home.
* Ion decides to keep up the craptastic weather and blows all the snow drifts over our driveway.
* Work closes again. Whew!
* Work is now open. But....
* Squeaker seems to be doing better.
* I start having a sore throat, aches, sneeze, cough, headache.
* Snowed in.
* I call a Snow Removal company, sure they'll be out this afternoon to clear the drive.
* 1:30, call from Snow Remover, yeah, can't make it to you today. Call someone else, if you can't get it done today, I'll do it tomorrow.
* 6 companies later, finally get someone who will come at 7pm. Fine whatever, great, just get here! Plus he's the cheapest too boot.
* Finally can get out of the house!
* Kids. Are. Going. To. Daycare! Woohoo!!!!
* I go to urgent care. Luckily no flu. I go home and sleep.
* Get kids, we relax. Day 4 was pretty good.
* Hubs coming home!
* I'm supposed to be off work, but decide since I didn't go in at all. To put the kids in daycare and go in.
* Hubs gets home around noon.
* I get a call from Urgent Care. Squeaker's has pnemonia. WTF!!!
* Hubs, picks up Squeaker goes to Urgent Care. Gets 2 scrips. Huh?!?
* Pharmacist questions scrips.
* I call Squeaker's doctor's office. Talk to nurse. She says you have to ask the prescribing doc.
* Hubs works ALL DAY! Ugh.
* Doc's office calls back. Yeah, the Urgent Care, isn't affiliated with us and doesn't know that Squeaker has Virally Induced Asthma and that was probably the spot on the x-ray (indicating the pnemonia) So don't ever go back there cause they suck at pediatric care. (Yeah, they were professional about it, I'm just putting my version in.)
* Yay, Squeaker doesn't have pnemonia.
* I'm starting to feel better.
I'm really hoping that all the shit of 2014 is over. At least for a while!