Saturday, October 3, 2009

Butternut Squash Soup

This afternoon I felt like having Butternut Squash soup for dinner. But I didn't want the pre-made stuff. I wanted homemade soup for dinner.

I found a great recipe on Food Network's site.

Butternut Squash Soup
1 butternut squash, peeled
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 onion, chopped
6 cups chicken stock
Nutmeg, Salt and Pepper

Here's the blow by blow.

First peal the squash. Then cut and cube it.

Add butter and onion in pot. Cook until translucent. *About 8 minutes. Be careful not to burn them like I almost did. Those things turn quick! A helpful tip...don't cube your squash while cooking the onions.



Then add cubed squash and chicken broth to the onions in the pot. Simmer until squash is soft. Transfer the squash to the food processor to puree. Use a slotted spoon. Add squash back to pot, stir. Add nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste. Serve.



I served mine with an Ichabod beer. Very yummy fall beer. In fact, this is my favorite beer of all time!

This recipe was perfect. I'll be repeating this one in the future.

No comments: