Friday, October 2, 2009

Tuscan Pork Roast

Okay, this little beauty of a recipe is a comfort food of mine. My mom always made it when I was growing up and I tried my hand at it for the first time last weekend. Talk about a simple recipe.

Tuscan Pork Roast

3lb Pork Loin

Rub
3 cloves minced garlic
2 tbs. Olive Oil
1 tbs. Fennel (crushed)
1 tbs. Rosemary (crumbled)
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Mix rub together and rub into meat. You can let it marinate for up to 8 hours in the fridge, but it's still great if you forgo the marinating time.

Cook at 350F until the center temperature is 170. (For a 4" diameter roast it takes about 2 hours.)

Cut into 1/2 slices. 1 roast will feed 4-6 people.

So yummy!!! (And for an extra yummy factor, I doubled the rub recipe so every bite had a ton of rub on it!!!)

I served it with salad, mashed potatoes and Cabernet Sauvignon. Perfect Sunday dinner.

No comments: