A NEW PLANNER!!
I am very old/new school when it comes to planners. I do use my calendar on my iPhone, however, there's something to be said for the old fashioned textile feeling of having a paper planner.
I've used everything from a Franklin Covey daily planner, to a Moleskine, to a MomAgenda, even a Walgreen's photo one. And I have to say I've found I am somewhat particular when it comes to planners. My latest planner is from Target. Just a green fabric covered one from Greenroomco.com. I doctored the cover by adding my sorority letters on the front. A decal I got from Convention. Woohoo!!!!
Anyway, this is what I've found over the years.
- a monthly view. This just helps to keep everything in perspective.
- a weekly format. Here is where I get into the specifics for everything. Daily planners have too much paper!
- a note section. Never know when you're going to need to jot something down.
- monthly tabs. I have inserted my own when necessary.
- current week tab. Again, DIY when needed.
- Wire ring. This seems to hold up the best. And more importantly, it lays flat!!!!
- Hardcover. Again, seems to hold up better than softcover.
- Elastic closure. Nice to have, but not always necessary.
- Front and back cover slip pockets. I DIY this yet again when it isn't there.
- No larger than a 5x8. The larger ones have just too much room, and are too much to lug around all year.
- Different color ink for birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
- Small event notes, sometimes just a time and a code on the monthly to get the big picture.
- Sticky notes. Things are always changing, it's nice to have things on post-its to change around or remind me of something.