Thursday, February 2, 2012

New Craft Project - Cross Stitch Wheel of the Year

First things first.

Happy Imbolc everyone!

I started this project in November. I would be a lot further along if it weren't for three things.

1. Yule.
2. Christmas.
3. The crappy lighting in our living room at home. And since it's dark outside by the time I get home, I can really only work on it on the weekends during the afternoon. That is if we haven't already booked ourselves silly on those days.

But anywho, here it is.



It's difficult to tell what it is I know. but it will be a Wheel of the Year. I've got the center part finished and the other part is part of a spoke that would pointing to SE if it were a compass. Anyway, if you want to see a small pic of the completed project go here. If you "look inside" it's the pillow on the top right of the copyright page. I'm not doing a pillow. I'm making it into a framed piece. But if you're into cross-stitch and fantasy/pagan theme projects, would recommend it. I really like the book, it's got a lot of fun ideas.

Oh, and the black dotted lines are just to help me tell where all the stitches are. I prepped my fabric by finding the center. Then I decided to to lines for every 10th stitch. It's really helped me a lot in figuring out where to put the next stitch. And when I'm done, I'll pull my guide lines out. The only thing to keep in mind if you decide to do this little trick, when you are working near a guide thread, don't split the thread and put a stitch through it. Otherwise, you'll never get the guide line out.

No comments: