Monday, November 2, 2009

Family, Friends, Wine and....Prophesy?

How did you celebrate your Samhain/Halloween/Day of the Dead?

The little one and I curled up with my Halloween treat of a movie Young Frankenstein. It was as funny as I remembered.

But the majority of my celebration came the day after Samhain. Sort of a New Year family feast!

We had my mom and step-dad over for a breakfast of French Toast (with pumpkin pie spices in the dip), bacon and Bloody Marys. (Apparently even though I hate Bloody Mary's I make awesome ones.) This is my secret. I don't rim the glass with it. I add about a 1/2 tsp. to everything and shake.

Lunch time was spent with close friends and their new son. And I showed Amber how to make some baby food. Sweet potatoes and Butternut squash.

Dinner was celebrated with my dad and step-mom. We had my Tuscan Pork Roast mashed potatoes, salad, cheesecake and decaf coffee with Grand Marnier.



After everyone had left, the little one was in bed, all was cleaned up and the hubs was upstairs doin his thing. I curled up with a glass of warmed Witches Brew wine to watch Nostradamus Decoded on Discovery.

After everything I was asleep on the couch by 9:15pm.

No comments: