Monday, November 23, 2009
Old Blue Chair
I was listening to this song earlier today and got to thinking. Where’s my “blue chair”? Do I have one?
Where do I go to sit back and evaluate my life? Where it’s going? Where it’s been?
I have a lot of places.
I like to:
• Think things over lying in bed.
• Sit on the couch watching my family interact.
• Rock the wee one to sleep in the old rocking chair my mom gave me. (In which she did the same with me.)
• Meditate on my zafu and zabuton.
• Watch the world drift by in whatever transportation I’m in. (My favorite is sitting in a balcony on a cruise ship watching the waves.)
Where’s your “blue chair(s)”?