Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup...well Semi-Homemade

I finally got around to making my Great-grandmother's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. Only I did it a bit semi-homemade. I didn't boil my own chicken or make my own chicken broth. I used one of those rotisserie chickens from Kroger.

Great-grandma's Chicken Noodle Soup
Meat of 1 boiled chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
12 cups. chicken broth
4 large carrots sliced
4 large stalks celery sliced
1 large onion diced

Sliced Noodles

Homemade noodles - 3 eggs + 1 1/2 tsp. salt. add enough flour to make into dough.

Roll out dough on floured countertop. Roll to 1/8" thickness. Cut into 4" long sections. Roll sections up into long rolls. Slice noodles into 1/4" noodles. Unroll. Add to boiling broth separately or you will get a lump of dough.



Wait for 10 minutes or so for the noodles to cook. Serve. Makes 8 servings.



This would be really yummy with a beer and a roll.

7 comments:

Mother's Moon's Message said...

goodness but you made me hungrey.... looks yummy...

My name is PJ. said...

Wow! You have an awesome looking blog!!

Hi! I'm PJ,host of the Amazon giveaway. You're one of my new followers and I like to meet and greet those I haven't met and gret yet! :) Welcome!

I'm following along on your blog now too!

SpiritPhoenix said...

Thanks! Welcome! I hope you enjoy yourself here.

JennyMac said...

Yeah!!! You have pop up comments now. Love it.

This soup looks soooooooooo good. Yum.

SpiritPhoenix said...

JennyMac - Thanks for the comment! I love your blog!

Jess - A Book Hoarder said...

Yumm!! This reminds me of coming home sick from school...my grandma always had her delicious chicken noodle soup waiting for me.

TeaTowelCreek said...

I have beer and rolls :)