Here are the guidelines for the challenge:
1. Between now and December 31, 2009, make a list of between 10 and 20 Books to Read Before You Die.
2. The books on your list can come from your stacks or the library, and be in print or audio format.
3. Once you've created your post with tentative titles, THEN sign up using Mr. Linky, by pasting the link to your post, along with your name/blog name. This is how you will be registered. Finalize your list by 12/31/09.
4. NOTE: If you don't have a blog, you can still sign up and join in the fun.
5. All bloggers who complete the challenge will be entered in giveaway to win an Amazon Gift Card.
My current list: (May change since I already started it.)
* The Wonderful Wizard of Oz - Baum
* Fahrenheit 451 - Bradbury
*A Clockwork Orange - Burgess
* 1001 Arabian Nights - Burton
* Don Quixote - Cervantes
* The Complete Sherlock Holmes - Doyle
* The Count of Monte Cristo - Dumas
* The Man in the Iron Mask - Dumas
* 100 Years of Solitude - Garcia-Marquez
* The Secret Garden - Hodgson-Burnett
* The Shining - King Currently reading.
* The Bell Jar - Plath
* Catcher in the Rye - Salinger
* Treasure Island - Stevenson
* Gulliver’s Travels - Swift
* Walden Pond - Thoreau
Some of these I read a looooooong time ago, or never finished before. I'm setting out to complete this entire list by Dec. 31, 2010.