Thursday, November 13, 2014

Shadow Work

For the last two weeks, I have been feeling more and more like I'm missing something. I know that it's something I need to work on or deal with. And it feels like each day whatever it is is coming closer. Almost there...

Last week, I hit a boiling over point. That point in which, I said, "No more! I can't keep doing this."

Yes, it's happened. I've hit burn out.

So, when this happens, I start to weed out the excess in my life. What do I need to focus on. What stays.

What goes.

In this current cleaning, I've noticed a few things. First, I've come back to my blog. I need to write. Journal. Get it out. Put my feelings into words and see if that will help me focus on what I really need and want.

So, I listened to Outrageous Openness: Letting the Divine take the Lead by Tosha Silver. It was a good book. Sure it was a little circular and repetitive. But it started me thinking that I need to open up and listen to the path that I wrote before I came into this world. What I wanted to learn in this life. I feel I've filled up my life and time with many important and valuable things. But there's also some things that are no longer suiting me and what I need.

After that, I found another audiobook. Discovering your Soul Signature: A 33-Day Path to Purpose, Passion & Joy by Panache Desai. I'm only on day 3 but still. It's an interesting book about allowing yourself to feel emotions and let them run through you instead of cutting them off, tamping them down or ignoring them completly. By doing this, we allow ourselves to really cast off the excess weight and see what our Soul Signature really is. I don't know if I'll have any epiphanies from this book or not. But it's a great excercise in soul searching.

I have another book. Journey to the Dark Goddess: How to Return to your Soul by Jane Meredith. Sensing a pattern here?

Yep. I apparently need to work on my Shadow Self. What is internal that I don't show to others, or myself.

But I'm still not sure what I need to learn here. It will come. I'm open to it. Letting the Divine in. Letting Higher Powers guide me to what I haven't been allowing to flourish.

It'll be an interesting journey. But I'm positive I'll end up more refreshed, positive and centered.

For now, I'm just enjoying the journey.

2 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

I have read Journey to the Dark Goddess. It is a wonderful book. Wishing you all the best on your search.
Mary

SpiritPhoenix said...

Thanks Sweetie!