Thursday, January 5, 2012

Adjusting to Two

No. I'm not dead. Just learning how to juggle two children. It's been really interesting, let me tell you. The Squeaker is just as sweet as he could be. My little Snuggle Buddy. Probably the easiest baby in the world. But you add a three year old to the mix and boom. Crazy hijinks ensue. My Angel Baby has had moments of being my Devil Child. She'll act out when I'm holding Squeaker. I know it's an attention thing, but it's still hard to deal with.

But now after three and a half months with the new baby, we're finally starting to come to a sort of equilibrium. She's starting to understand that he isn't going away. And become used to the idea of sharing Mommy.

Hope you all had wonderful holidays. Samhain/Halloween, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Yule, Christmas, New Year's. Never really thought about it before, but there are sure a lot of holidays squished together at the end of the year.

I haven't really been on blogger much since my last post. I'm hoping to start catching up with all of you again. Now that things have settled down.

Nice to be back.

2 comments:

Sara Strand said...

It is hard but you figure it out as you go. With Olivia I still make sure I carve out time for just her and that helps a ton.

SpiritPhoenix said...

Yeah, I've been trying that. I'll spend hours with her in the morning, doing our fingernails, or making colored pancakes. Something. But then, when it's time to take care of Squeaker, she just can't handle it. And conveniently "forgets" that Mommy spent time with her already.

I guess the next step will be to take her out on a Mommy/Angel Baby adventure. Just the two of us. Hmmmm.....