Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Love/Hate Relationship....

with a snow plow.

Okay, I'm all for the majestic beauty of freshly fallen snow. I mean come on... look at this gorgeous picture. All Mid-westerners have seen such beauty. But alas, all too often it turns into this icky, gray, slush crap. Which is why I hate February so much. I get my snow fill about January 4th. Then I'm done. I want no part of it. Ugh! Though, let me tell you, it's very pretty when it snows so much that I don't have to go to work! Alas, such was not the case yesterday.

I decided to skate out of work early. Thinking I could go home and relax a bit, maybe work out on the stationary bike for a bit, watch some olympics and have dinner ready for Hubs and the Wee One when they got home.

Yeah, not so much. When I got home I discovered the the lovely snow plow that oh so wonderfully cleared the roads, cleared them right into my driveway. So, now I'm hoping that I can make it into the garage, yes I've gotten stuck in my driveway more times than I care to admit. Luckily, I was in the SUV so I was okay. The sedan wouldn't have a chance.

Of course, all thoughts of relaxation flew out the window. I had quite the task of snow clearing in front of me.

To make a long story short, I cleared the driveway of all the wet, sloppy, gray, icky mess in just under an hour. Made dinner. And took a nice toasty, relaxing shower. All before 7pm last night.

Quite the productive afternoon, and yes, I did get my workout in. But could we please, please be done with the snow?!?!?!

1 comment:

Fox said...

I will second that! We live at the curve end of a cul-de-sac and the plows, when the actually bother to come around, tend to dump the largest pile of snow in the entire neighborhood right at the foot of our driveway. I have seen enough of the white stuff for one year!