Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pots on Simmer

I'm sorry for the radio silence here. It's been a whirlwind lately. Not only do I have a wedding I'm standing up in at the end of the month, but I have a bachelorette party this weekend and a ton of other things simmering for February.

I've debated putting this up here since I try not to put much that can identify me. (Not out of fear for my safety or some nutjob thing like that, since many people here do know me in real life. But out of a sense of privacy, odd but that's me.) But I figure, what the hell.

I decided to do the Susan G. Komen 3-day walk for breast cancer. I agreed to walk 60 miles in 3 days. Crazy I know. I've always wanted to do this. Prove to myself that I am the She-ra capable of walking three 20 mile days, back to back to back. Many people, including me, won't really jump start training until March or April. This said, I'm trying to fit any sort of exercise in my day.

Training aside, I have to raise $2300 to walk. This was the stopping point for me for many years. But I decided to join an established team, that can help me with fundraising tips and tricks and the support anyone needs to do this event. So, I've got all these different pots on the stove, Euchre tournament, Superbowl Squares and a Packzi Sale to name a few. Which is why I've been running around all crazy like.

And to end this in a predictable but necessary fashion...If you would like to donate to help me reach my goal, please include your email in a comment on this page. (I'm still trying to be as non-identifiable as I can. LOL) And I will email you the link to the site.

No comments: