Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Lazy Sunday Movie: Avatar (yes I know it's Tuesday, deal with it.)

Yesterday was a really rough day at the office. I guess that's what happens when the office is closed for two weeks. The first day back everyone has to call.

I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday season! I know I did. The little one has discovered stairs. Oh my. It was quite interesting to see Mommy and Daddy trying to figure out what will block the stairs (since we haven't had a chance to get a big enough gate.) It took three attempts. Man she's good at figuring things out.

Other than the numerous trips up and down the stairs with my daughter, not much else has happened. We had fun visiting family & friends. And now it's time to get back in the groove.

Without further ado, here's my Lazy Sunday Movie post a few days late.

AVATAR!!!!



I know it's been advertised and talked about by everyone lately. But it is really good. I went not expecting to like the movie, probably because I had no idea about the plot. But it was amazingly good. The Hubs really wanted to see this in 3D before it disappeared from the theaters. Honestly, I doubt the 3D will disappear anytime soon. We went two weeks after the opening weekend and it was PACKED!!!! And if you haven't seen it yet, you HAVE to see it in 3D!

I don't want to give too much of the plot away. But the main idea is there's another planet "Pandora". This planet has a particular mineral on it that sells like crazy on Earth. But there is an indigenous group living there already. The movie centers on this issue and looks at both sides.

I found this movie to be very interesting and it brought up a whole heap of philosophical questions for me.

Has anyone else seen it? What do you think?

1 comment:

Vanessa ~ lead coconut said...

Completely agreed! Avatar was incredible... it's soon to be a 'classic' movie that everyone will own.